Grand Knight’s Corner
Welcome to the Good Shepherd Knight’s of Columbus website. Here you will see messages from me and past Grand Knights.
- Annual Memorial MassIn keeping with our council’s tradition, Good Shepherd Council #8607 is holding our annual Mass of Remembrance, Thursday evening, November 17th 2022. This date has been set aside to honor the memory of all our deceased council members. We wish to extend an invitation to all our brother knights & to the community to attend this Mass of Remembrance at […]
- Memorial Day Parade Thank YouThank you to all the Knights that were at the Memorial Day Parade; especially to Julio Alvia whom was a big help. Father Ken (whom is also a brother Knight) marched with us. The parade and presentation of the wreaths went smoothly. Well done & thank you again for all your support.
- Memorial Day PrayerWith Memorial Day approaching, please remember those in the military who have given their lives for our freedom, and those who are actively serving. Please take a moment to say the prayer included, before you embark on your holiday celebration.
- Thank YouThank you to all the Knights that helped out at the Craft Fair this past weekend. I appreciate the effort to help set up, put away and sell raffle tickets. The Craft Fair raised over $15,000 for the church thanks to the many volunteers under the leadership of Ann Hernandez. Well done! Gratefully,Ray KleppanGrand Knight
- Knights In NeedIf anyone knows of a Knight or parishioner of Good Shepherd who was adversely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, please contact the new Grand Knight, Ray Kleppan, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Good Shepherd Council is here to help. We Knights are challenged to take this moment as an opportunity to “deepen our commitment to the very principles which define us: charity, […]
- August 2015 Grand Knight MessageMy Brother Knights, I would like to invite all brother knights to attend our business meetings on the third Thursday of the month. Your involvement will enable the council to preform greater charity acts and meet with old and new friends. At our business meeting in September we are having the installation of officers. We plan to be a part […]
- July 2015 Grand Knight MessageMy Brother Knights, We received an email from Tom Borruso saying he received unexpected news from his lung surgeon – the PET scan he took shows cancer in his back (lung area), liver and pelvis. The oncologist is setting him up for radiology treatment for one of the three and in three weeks they will get together to discuss treatment […]
- June 2015 Grand Knight MessageSince this is one of the last heralds of the year I wanted to personally thank a few of our brothers who went out of their way to help the council and me this year. John Leonardo for keeping me going and providing anything I needed many times before I even realized I needed it. Tom Haberkorn for handling the […]
- December 2014 Grand Knight’s MessageBrothers, I am happy to say that the decision made at our last business meeting was to fight to keep the council going. At that meeting I presented a plan with some ideas on how we can save the council. The first area I think we need to focus on is improving our financials. We are already off to a […]
- October 2014 Grand Knight’s MessageOnce again it is time to install our council officers, and it is also the perfect time to talk about volunteering. Every organization out there is hurting for volunteers. People just don’t seem to have the time to volunteer anymore. With our council we have a lot of people who are willing to help work an event, but it is […]
- May 2014 Grand Knight’s MessageMy Brother Knights, I have been busy working out our schedule for the upcoming year. I was hoping to have it in this Herald this month but I can’t confirm the dates with the church yet. Once I do I will send out a special email to all of the members and I will post it on our website. Once […]
- April 2014 Grand Knight’s MessageMembership, membership, membership without it we can’t do our wonderful works and have a healthy successful council. While at the same time it is time consuming and hard work to recruit new members. Growing our numbers had been my focus for this year and I believe all of our efforts have really paid off. This is in no small part […]